How do I report spam text messages?
It is really annoying that I keep receiving spam message on my phone and that's why I put a list here what you can do about it.
(a) Vodafone UK
(b) Orange UK
Spam is unsolicited junk email, messages or texts and it's a growing problem. Your child may receive unwanted calls or texts from sales and marketing companies who are trying to sell goods and services.
Tips on keeping your child safe
Make your child aware that they should never reply to calls or texts they haven't asked for because this can lead to calls to a premium rate number or receiving a chargeable premium rate text message.
To stop receiving junk texts from a particular sender, simply text STOP to the number the spam came from. It is unlawful for the sender to ignore your request and the Office of the Information Commissioner can prosecute persistent spammers if they're based in the UK.
You can make sure you don't receive unsolicited sales or marketing calls by calling 0207 291 3320 and registering your number with the Telephone Preference Service.
If you still receive unwanted calls or messages you should phone the Office of the Information Commissioner on 01625 545 745.
(d) 3 UK
- Report the spam message to us by:
- forwarding the unwanted message free of charge to 37726
- forwarding the number of the person who sent you the message free of charge to 37726.
- Check the type of message:
- if you've received the message from a shortcode, or you get the option to stop receiving future messages, reply 'STOP ALL' to stop the messages
- if you've received the message from a mobile phone number or any other untrustworthy source, we recommend that you don't respond to the message in any way
- if the message is about accident insurance claims, we strongly recommend that you don't respond to these messages in any way and that you report them to us immediately.
(e) O2 UK
To report SPAM to O2, forward anything suspicious to 7726